Senior Product Manager
Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We're looking for a sharp, self-motivated, collaborative, problem-solving Senior Product Manager to join our team. You'll use your experience and expertise in shipping well-designed and successful SaaS product to help us build the right stuff. We're not short on ideas, but we do need someone that can use their own insight, connection to users, data, and knowledge of technical feasibility to make product strategy outcomes and lead a cross-functional team from concept to completion.
We're not looking for backlog administrators or project managers, and you won't impress us with Scrum or Agile certifications. Instead, we're looking for someone with an incredible ability to drive business results through product strategy and execution.
In this job you will…
- Immerse yourself in our target market and deeply understand the customers we serve.
- Evaluate opportunities to help our customers achieve their business goals through our software.
- Make and own decisions about which opportunities align with our business strategy and should be pursued.
- Independently own significant product area(s).
- Lead your product development teams in developing software that yields the next business win.
- Develop the practice of a mental pause to re-evaluate whether you are still pursuing the right thing, or if you need to shift directions.
- Communicate effectively across the spectrum of our organization and beyond.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to build your Go-to-Market plans.
- Invest in the success of your fellow Product Manager’s, and in doing so, in the success of the product.
- Write and execute initiatives to strategically achieve OKRs.
- Contribute meaningfully to the overall product strategy.
- Show up: give us your best and have the courage to do difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up: take responsibility, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good: treat your co-workers and customers the way you want to be treated.
- Be technically savvy and hungry to learn the ins and outs of our platform quickly.
- Have a strong ability to understand and interpret data and apply this to product strategy.
- Have expert communication skills in order to work on a cross functional team as well as across multiple departments.
- Be willing to take a risk.
- Be team-oriented – you’re invested in the success of your colleagues, and they are invested in yours.
- Have passion for User Experience and be able to communicate when something does or does not meet your own UX expectations.
- Flourish in an autonomous environment.
- Reside permanently and currently in the United States. Sorry, we're not hiring outside the U.S. at this time even if you're willing to work during U.S. time zones.
It'd be nice if you…
- Have experience working on a mobile-first product.
- Have experience to operate as a technical Product Manager.
- Have at least 5 years of Product Manager experience.
How we work at CompanyCam:
CompanyCam is a fun, fast-paced team united by our core values of Show Up, Grow Up and Do Good. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Our headquarters is located in Lincoln, Nebraska but across our product and engineering teams, we span every time zone in the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds and we don’t place a ton of value on degrees or certifications. All that matters is that you’re not an a**hole and you’re good at what you do.
Our Product and Engineering departments also do things a little differently.
We use a customized version of Basecamp’s Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan's Inspired) to organize and execute our work. That means you’ll work in a close-knit team consisting of a product manager, a product designer, and engineering manager and several other engineers on an area of the product in 3-week cycles.
Sounds nice, right? We value our product managers, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking people. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Compensation: This is a salaried position at CompanyCam. Our salary range for this role is $125,000 to $150,000 and is based on experience. We also offer meaningful equity and other benefits.
Ready to apply?
If you share our passion for serving our customers and bringing truth and transparency to the contracting industry, we’d love to review your application! Are you reading this and wondering if you meet every requirement? Studies show that workplace minorities, such as women and people of color, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At CompanyCam, we pride ourselves on celebrating everyone. We are actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you’re interested in applying, do it! Even if your experiences don’t directly line up or you are ‘missing that one thing’. We are excited to read your application!