Backend Software Engineer
Open positions Backend Software Engineer Omaha, NE · Remote · Full time
Workshop is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup based in Omaha, Nebraska and we're on a mission to create more happy Mondays for employees everywhere. We build software to help internal communications teams create, send, and measure multi-channel, employee-centric campaigns.
👩💻 Backend Software Engineer
Workshop is an internal marketing platform that helps internal comms teams create, send, and measure multi-channel campaigns. Workshop is a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha-based candidates are preferred but will consider remote within ± 2 hours CST for the right candidate.
👀 What we’re looking for:
- A passion for building and maintaining quality user experiences on the web at scale.
- Details matter to you, and you sweat the small things. We view product excellence as a north star -- We’re only successful when our users successfully use Workshop and care deeply about the end-to-end user experience.
- Strong understanding of modern software development methodologies
- Deep knowledge and experience of object oriented programming in duck typed languages like Ruby or Python. Deep experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred -- we use Ruby on Rails to power our backend platform (and we use Vue on the frontend).
- Experience with SQL database, schema, and query design and optimization. We’re big fans of PostgreSQL.
- You care about web performance/optimization and treat performance as a feature.
- Interest or experience in securing web applications is a plus.
💻 You will:
- Work closely with our product & design team to translate and execute product vision into scalable product.
- Be a stakeholder in engineering and product strategy -- this isn’t just another place to knock down story points and tickets -- you’ll have meaningful and direct ownership in your work.
- Have the autonomy to ship code to production regularly and frequently.
- Develop tested, scalable core product features that are seamlessly integrated with our API driven frontend.
💵 Compensation & Benefits:
- Market competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation